The property is situated in the drumlins of County Monaghan.
This clients brief was to design and construct a garden to compliment the dwelling and soften the property into its natural surroundings. The site had a high embankment to the rear and a retaining wall needed be installed to provide a level functional space and a play area. This space was gated and kids could play with full visuals from the kitchen/living room.
- Design process
- Excavating and drainage of all areas
- Installation of retaining walls
- Erecting of concrete posts and chain link boundary fencing
- Planting of Prunus lusitanica (Portuguese Laurel) hedgerow along boundaries
- Laying of Tobermore country kerb along driveway and edging for paving
- Constructing of disabled access ramp and steps around the property incorporating recessed LED lighting into the steps
- Preparation and laying of bracken paving incorporating golden setts as a boundary
- Installation of up riser lighting to display natural stone facade
- Erecting of wooden post and rail fencing along front boundary
- Planting of Mature trees
- Preparing and seeding of lawn areas
- Laying of decorative stone on driveway