The property is situated in the drumlins of Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan.
The clients brief was to design and construct a family friendly functional garden which compliments the dwelling and its surroundings. There was extensive planting carried out to minimise the level of lawn cutting as it was a large site. The paved area functions were for car parking, play area and a seating area for all the family to enjoy.
- Design process
- Excavating and drainage of all areas
- Laying of natural stone kerbing along driveway
- Laying of sandstone paving steps
- Preparation and laying of Barleystone paving incorporating a large circle and using setts as a boundary
- Laying of natural stone borders around the shrubberies
- Preparing and seeding of lawn areas
- Planting of Fagus sylvatica (Copper Beech) hedgerow and installation of irrigation system
- Extensive Planting schemes completed
- Raised beds to the front of the dwelling using railway sleepers
- Installation of lantern lighting and floodlit