The property is situated in the drumlins of County Cavan.
The clients brief was to design and construct a garden that would regenerate the garden. The core objectives were to install a play area, functional lawn area, extension to lean to shed, vegetable patch and access to a small forest at the end of the garden.
The garden was tired and dated and completely stripped back to a blank canvas.
- Design process
- Removal of existing hedges and shrubberies
- Excavating and drainage of all areas
- Extended lean to shed
- Construction of vegetable patch area
- Installation of sunken Berg trampoline
- Erecting of wooden fencing along drain
- Preparation and laying of heather paving using a charcoal paving as a border
- Installing of raised bed using retaining walling
- Laying of decorative stone pathway
- Trimming the bottom 2.2m of branches of forest trees for a kids area
- Planting scheme completed
- Preparation of lawn area and turfed
- Installation of lighting design
- Preparation and installation of granite kerbing to construct flower bed to the front of the dwelling
- Planting of front shrubberies
- Installation of privacy screening along front railings